Making Body Shops More Profitable Since 1996
A Super Solution For The Auto Body Industry
Since 1996, Innovative Tools & Technologies has dedicated its resources to helping customers be more efficient, productive, and profitable, with its uniquely designed and virtually indestructible work and parts management systems. The company evolved out of necessity. Founder Bryan Johnson, an auto body technician for more than 21 years, was literally over a barrel, as was the rest of the auto body repair and collision services industry.
At that time, plastic bumper covers were placed over trash barrels for painting, baking, and curing, and the end result was often “trash” resulting in uneven paint coverage, unpredictable texture, and distorted shape; not to mention the tedious set-up process. There had to be a better way to support and secure bumpers during the repair and paint process, and Bryan created it: the SuperStand.
Not only did the SuperStand take bumper quality to the next level, it saved at least half an hour of labor per bumper, paying for itself in less than a month. Bryan’s colleagues saw the system and had to have it. Word about the super-star bumper stand spread and other shops had to have it, too.
Managing Work And Parts In Multiple Markets Worldwide
Soon, Bryan quit his day job in order to meet demand and develop other products to solve customer workflow and parts management challenges. Word spread further about the company’s workhorse products, and Innovative Tools entered the aviation, material handling, and home markets with the promise of enhanced productivity and quality output at a fair price.
Today, more than 275,000 Innovative Tools products are in use throughout North America, Europe, Australia and Asia, and Innovative’s customers range from small shops to huge corporations to home handymen. These customers sum up Innovative's products’ appeal: “Problem solved,” “Cool products”, and “I couldn’t imagine operating without them.”
“There had to be a better way, and I created it.”
-Bryan Johnson, Founder of Innovative Tools & Technologies
Innovative Business Philosophy
Innovative Tools' customers have learned that the company offers the best-designed, highest-quality products at the best price – all backed by the industry’s best warranty. The benefits? Increased productivity, quality throughout, and profitability. Not to mention less clutter, and fewer lost parts and tempers. Innovative Tools & Technologies earns its business by making its customers’ work and parts management processes more efficient and more profitable by walking the walk and sticking to its core values.
- Adhere to the highest ethical standards
- Treat customers, employees, and vendors fairly
- Apply Innovative design to solve customer problems, improve productivity.
- Conduct strict quality control throughout - from products to packaging to service
- Utilize the highest quality materials and workmanship
- Fulfill orders fast - ship same day or next business day
- Stand behind products with top-notch warranty
- Provide person-to-person service, go the extra mile for the customer
- Always put the customer first
The Innovative Difference
- Better design with fewer moving parts for a long lifetime
- Unparalleled workmanship and materials
- Innovative throughout – multi-use, space-saving, mobile to move with the user’s workflow
- The industry’s best, three-year warranty – although it’s never been utilized!
- Attention to the little things that create superior service such as “goodwill” small parts replacement
- Listening to the customer to create products that solve problems and make the job easier
Innovative Tools invented the work and parts management systems segment of the collision services and automotive repair industry with its one-of-a-kind, ingenious solutions to customer problems.
Others have attempted to replicate its products, but Innovative customers know the difference and pass the word along.
"Innovative has a flat, open leadership structure where each team member picks up the phone, listens to customers, and builds personal relationships. Managers are empowered to go beyond their normal job boundaries to act as company ambassadors, business and market development specialists, and customer advocates. They know the company and its products inside and out, and take the initiative to support customers – often beyond the scope of Innovative’s products and services."
Bryan Johnson - Owner, Innovative Tools